If I could trade in a sibling like a car, she'd be the upgrade..

Penny Arcade

Woot!

   

Coming soon...

   

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Chapter 6...

Man what a day.

So, fairly standard day at work...buddies mention hitting Slugger's on the way out to grab a beer, and as I hear God laughing at me....the power goes out. I mean alllll the way out.

Both buildings are down. Oh, hey...the whole block is down.

What? The entirety of Woodinville is down?

Shiiiiiiiiiit.....

*sigh* Couple hours later, just after we got most of our non-critical systems offline to save some backup juice, and we started thinking about 'oh hey...what's our recovery plan if the Exchange SAN goes....?"

Shiiiiit again. Well, turns out that the power decided to come back on - woot. But our goddamn Barracuda decided it didn't want to power up anymore - fuck. Without the 'Cuda, mail goes nowhere - double fuck.

However, IT genius being what it is - problems solved for now, and I finally get home, sans beer, but whatever. I had a bathroom to clean and laundry to do anyway.

Oddity #2 for today: Sarah's at the house loading out some stuff to her car.

hmm...

You know it's strange; you think about certain situations and how things will play out or how you're going to act...but it never works out that way. I thought I'd get all twisted up over things, or feel that stupid empty-gut feeling again upon seeing her for the first time since a week and half ago.

I'll be honest: it was a little weird to see her finally, and actually talk for all of 2.5 minutes or so. I won't lie - I can feel as strong and as confident as ever for 23 hours a day, but there's that one collective hour or so where I really, really miss her. I know i know...that's probably not going to go away anytime soon, either, but what can ya do?

Anyway...at first, parking the car, I felt kinda odd - like hm..what am I supposed to do? Is she going to be all stand-offish and attitude, or just pretend like we haven't lived together for 3 years...that kinda thing? Fuck I dunno - get out of the car and let's see what happens.

And nothing happened. She got some of her stuff...got the mail and left me the mailbox key...seemed very tired and/or stressed, and I just quietly listened, tried to see past the odd little awkwardness...and just...I dunno...be ok with things.

And I was.

//end.

Comments on "Wednesday, July 12, 2006"

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'm old. I'm only 30, but some days I feel *old*. I have a beautiful 6 year old daugher. A nice life. A loving family. A gorgeous girlfriend. Yep, pretty boring. But dammit I'm here to write about it and you can't stop me!

Powered by Blogger