If I could trade in a sibling like a car, she'd be the upgrade..

Penny Arcade

Woot!

   

Coming soon...

   

Friday, December 01, 2006

Fuck.

It's 12:30am Friday morning.

I feel like complete shit. Out of nowhere, my tonsils decided to swell up Tuesday evening, and I've been fighting pain, nausea and a 101 degree fever for the past 2+ days.

I barely made it home this morning, had to pull the car over not once but twice because I was shivering so badly that I lost sight of the road.

Haven't spoken to Amy since 8:00 this morning. I was supposed to watch the kids and drop them off at school this morning for her, but I was so sick, and so angry\disappointed for letting her down that i sat there, edge of the bed, shivering and sweating at the same time, wrapped in a blanket and cried for the better part of 20 minutes. I didnt know what else to do.

Have no insurance, so going to the doctor or even a walk-in clinic is out of the question. I did get some good advice from Tiah, however, and if this fever doesnt break by tomorrow I know where to go. I just dont know if I can get there.

First "real" week at the new gig has been stumped by horrible weather and me feeling even worse for two days straight.

My stomach feels like it has holes being burned through it. Can't manage to hold anything beyond water and hot tea down without puking. So much fun on the already-painful throat.

Im sitting here slowly typing this because my entire body hurts and I haven't managed more than an hour's sleep in a couple days.

I dont even know where to begin on what started out as a rather decent week, and the worst part is I havent felt this alone in a really long time.


Update:

So I finally heard from my dearest late, late last night, and her day was even more spectacular than mine. She fell nearly 10 feet off of a stage during a company photo shoot event, and if it hadn't been for someone breaking part of her fall, could very well have been seriously, seriously hurt. As it stands now, she has a fractured right elbow and will be in a sling and quite possibly a cast for the next 6-8 weeks. Bad enough, but I'm so thankful that it wasn't worse.

I so desperately want to go take care of her, but I don't know what I could possibly do. I have to go make an appearance at work, even if just for a couple hours and then maybe go find that clinic that Tiah mentioned, because I don't think I'm going to get healthy on my own. I want to tear my tonsils out of my head and just be done with it, but that's not going to help either, and to top it all off, it feels like the infection has turned itself into my left ear, so now I have an incredibly painful ear ache to contend with.


Man, fuck this week.


Update #2:

- Big thanks to everyone that sent in well-wishes to both me and Amy - it is greatly appreciated. I couldn't get an appt. over at the clinic Tiah offered up, so I'm going to hit the walk-in clinic here in Redmond and just bite the bullet I guess. Hoping they don't bend me over too badly with no insurance, but we'll see I guess.

I haven't heard from Amy yet...hoping she's at home sleeping and healing, but who knows for sure. I'll be sure to pass on the kind words if and when I do get to see her :)

Comments on "Fuck."

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'm old. I'm only 30, but some days I feel *old*. I have a beautiful 6 year old daugher. A nice life. A loving family. A gorgeous girlfriend. Yep, pretty boring. But dammit I'm here to write about it and you can't stop me!

Powered by Blogger