If I could trade in a sibling like a car, she'd be the upgrade..

Penny Arcade

Woot!

   

Coming soon...

   

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Here we go...

It's finally arrived. We are now in the midst of the 12 Days of Christmas. Twelve glorious days left to shop, overextend credit cards, worry about right or wrong colors, sizes and brand.

I had a long, hard but very much necessary discussion with mon amour last night, and we bridged some gaps, drank some beer, nursed sore elbows, and in general, just enjoyed the quiet and being able to talk.

It's difficult, watching someone you love so intensely, suffer through tears and pain that you can't do anything about. You want so desperately to come to the rescue, to have the exact rights words to say at the exact right moment to make everything better...but you just can't. I don't think there are words enough to recover the pain that she's had to deal with, so I keep doing whatever I can to help and support her through all this, even if it's just sitting there, my own heart breaking at the sight of her in tears, trying my best to just give her my strength. I would suffer through all of this for her if I could...but how the fuck do you express that to the very person that's actually suffering?

Dammit.

Strength and patience, grasshoppa...

Yeah yeah I know...*grumble*

Mhmm..



In other, related news:

- Christmas itself should be interesting this year. Because of this new job and being stuck in between pay periods due to my initial start date, I'm getting down to the wire on shopping time, and the real crappy part is that I have not one but TWO Secret Santas to ship gifts to. UPS better not fuck with me this year or I will bring the pain.

- The job itself is going pretty well now that I'm getting into the swing of things. It's slowly becomingg not exactly what I signed up for, but the past 10 years in this industry have taught me that that's par for the course. Even so, I'm most definitely not going to be bored at work any time soon, which is a good thing. The scary part is that I'm going to be dealing with a lot of very important people in this company on a routine basis, so I have to have my 'A Game' on at all times...something I'm not entirely good at doing. However, it's allowing me to learn new things, expand my knowledge base and experience, and make a fuckload of money doing it...so I can't complain.

- The guys I reached out to this week for help with Amy's website idea have been more than responsive, which is great. Seems that they all want to help in some way (except for Gary who probably hasn't checked his GMail account in a year) and that in and of itself is quite endearing, and reassures me as to why I keep the friends I do. Friends you can count on like that are few and far between...I've just been blessed to have an abundance of them in my life so far :)

- Lastly, to the person that asked: The tattoo on my left arm is the kanji for Year of the Dragon, the Chinese zodiac year I was born (1976), and, coincidentally, the year my daughter was born too (2000). And yes, those are my real arms. I lift heavy stuff every now and then.

--

//end.

Comments on "Here we go..."

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'm old. I'm only 30, but some days I feel *old*. I have a beautiful 6 year old daugher. A nice life. A loving family. A gorgeous girlfriend. Yep, pretty boring. But dammit I'm here to write about it and you can't stop me!

Powered by Blogger