If I could trade in a sibling like a car, she'd be the upgrade..

Penny Arcade

Woot!

   

Coming soon...

   

Saturday, December 02, 2006

What? Where's Dr. Cox!?!

So, it took me passing out walking up the stairs to my house to finally figure out why I've been feeling SO fucked up the past 4+ days.

Turns out the strep throat I got worked its way down to my kidneys, and as I started taking the antibiotics yesterday to make my throat feel better, it made my kidneys (and the awesome pain) even worse.

Sitting in the ER for 5+ hours with tubes and shit all over me is most definitely not my idea of fun. BUT - I have some awesome pictures to re-tell the tale with; I'll try and get them up tomorrow if I can find my little USB cord thing.

The shitty part about this whole ordeal has been finding myself unable to explain why I've felt the way I've felt, and having people all but laugh at me calling it nothing more than a "sore throat and a cold" or "what's the big deal about a fever?"

Well, the big deal is me being 8 to 12 hours away from my kidneys just giving up telling me to fuck off once and for all. Having my mom, who is normally a very pragmatic & practical 'walk it off you'll be fine' Mom - say in no uncertain terms "get to the hospital right now" when I asked her what I should do about the pain in my lower back.

Turns out she was right, and I wasn't making shit up or over-reacting at all.

----


I can't fucking sleep, still. Maybe I should've gotten those Vicodin afterall....bleh.

I still feel really, well...shitty. My whole body is stiff and sore, my pride only slightly damaged after having to shuffle down a very long hallway to the "special" bathroom that facilitates pee'ing in small cups in a not-designed-for-real-people gowns that are purposefully impossible to tie off.

No matter - the drawers were clean and the socks hole-free, so I shuffled onward.

The upside to the sweet gown - showing off the gams:




After that, Nurse Sam finally made an appearance, having explained that he and the on-call ER doc for the evening had been tied up with a heart attack. All in all, my situation could be worse after hearing that.

Nurse Sam then proceeded to put this in my arm, and not very gently:



Yeah, that'd be Skippy poking the PAIN BUTTON. Ow...quit it. Ow...quit it. Ow...quit it.

Big jerk.

However, I rallied back like a true rockstar...




And then...a lot of waiting. And pain.

More waiting. Pain.

Oooh...feeling kinda woozy again. Man I aced my leg pretty good when I ate shit on those concrete stairs. Hope no one was watching...fuckers.


Waiting.


Pain. Fucking hell that hurts. If you've never been punched or even poked real hard in the kidney area, I don't recommend it. It's by no means fun, and having a recurring cycle of that non-fun every 5 or minutes is like, the total opposite of fun.


This sucks.

Comments on "What? Where's Dr. Cox!?!"

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'm old. I'm only 30, but some days I feel *old*. I have a beautiful 6 year old daugher. A nice life. A loving family. A gorgeous girlfriend. Yep, pretty boring. But dammit I'm here to write about it and you can't stop me!

Powered by Blogger